When you meet with a physician, it is not uncommon to have questions about your condition, your prognosis, or treatment options and possible side effects of those treatments, to name a few. When you meet with a doctor (and it should be a doctor) to discuss lip augmentation and lip fillers, the same principles apply. If you are interested in improving the appearance and volume of your lips through these safe, effective and popular treatments, you’ll want to be prepared before and at your initial consultation.
Before your consultation, it helps to have a basic understanding of what lip fillers are. They are injections into your lips which increase their volume and result in larger, fuller, and more youthful looking lips.
At Dr. Mariano Busso’s Miami-Coconut Grove aesthetic dermatology clinic, we offer many different lip augmentation procedures, and several different lip fillers including Restylane Silk, which was the first FDA-approved treatment specifically designed to treat lips and the lines around them. Restylane Silk is designed for precise lip shaping and for smoothing lines around the mouth to create a natural look. Similarly, Juvéderm Volbella is a filler designed specifically to enhance the volume of the lip, and Dr. Busso was among the first cosmetic physicians to introduce this fantastic product to patients in the U.S.
Armed with some basic knowledge, you can make your initial consultation productive, efficient, and informative by taking these additional steps:
- Be ready to tell the doctor why you are there. That is, you’ll want to be able to articulate what imperfections you would like to address such as lip lines, volume loss, or lifting “Cupid’s Bow.”
- Conversely, tell the doctor any concerns you have about how your lips will appear after the treatment, such as worries about “duck lips” (which are generally not an issue with today’s advanced lip filler products).
- Ask the doctor what treatments they provide, which one they would recommend for your particular needs and circumstances, and why they believe that their recommended treatment is the right one for you.
- Ask them to explain the treatment procedure, recovery process, and any potential complications and side effects.
- Ask them about their experience and history with lip fillers and ask them if they have any photographs which show lips before and after treatments they’ve performed.
- Tell them about any allergies, medications, conditions, or medical history which could impact their evaluation of treatment options.
Call Dr. Busso Today to Schedule a Lip Augmentation Consultation
If you’d like to learn more lip fillers, we invite you to book your consultation with Coconut Grove | Miami Aesthetic Dermatologist Dr. Mariano Busso today. Dr. Busso is a recognized and acclaimed leader in the field of aesthetic dermatology. He has the knowledge, experience, and insight to pick the optimal course of treatment to ensure beautiful, full and youthful lips.
To schedule an appointment, call our office at 305-857-0144.